Organic Skincare. Paleo Skincare. Natural Skincare. Vegan Skincare. Gluten-free Skincare.
Primal dirt: Fill your mouth with vital and trace minerals important to maintain dental health the natural, Paleo way. Mildly abrasive, gently polishes, detoxifies and refreshes. The abundance of trace minerals in the clays help to re-mineralize and strengthen the teeth. Teeth are living and porous and foods, commercial toothpaste, medications and chemicals (food preservatives) can leech the minerals from the teeth causing weakened enamel that is more susceptible to decay and breakdown. These minerals can be found in a variety of earthen clays found in Dirty Mouth ToothPowder and absorbed by the teeth.
Have you ever thought of cleaning your teeth with earthen clay? Cleansing your teeth and gums doesn't have to be a toxic endeavor anymore. Introducing "Dirty Mouth Primal ToothPowder." This refreshing toothpowder is made from a premium blend of three earthen clays, baking soda (aluminum free), and essential oils.
- Natural- recommended for kids (unflavored)
- Anise- Not recommended during pregnancy (flavored with Anise Essential Oil - tastes like black licorice)
- Cool Orange- recommended for kids (flavored with Sweet Orange and Spearmint Essential Oils)
- NEW Black Peppermint- Not recommend for use with prescription medications and children (*see below)
- NEW Black Spearmint- Not recommended for use with prescription medications and children (*see below)
NEW Dirty Mouth Black Toothpowder with Activated Charcoal
- Activated charcoal adsorbs materials. Activated charcoal is very porous and this allows the surface of the charcoal to attract and hold material and debris within the pores. Brushing with activated charcoal will help remove discolorations, stains (coffee, tobacco, tea, etc.) and debris and leave the surface area of the tooth clean and appearance will be whiter.
- Activated charcoal is safe to ingest and has been used in emergency situation in the Emergency Room for overdoses of medications, drugs and alcohol. It binds strongly to materials (good and bad) to help facilitate the removal via the feces. Activated charcoal has been ingested to help prevent the gastrointestinal flue with the onset of symptoms. This should not be done if you are taking prescription medications however, because the charcoal is not selective and can bind with prescription medications.
- If taking prescription medications, Primal Life Organics does not recommend using Dirty Mouth Black Toothpowder. The amount of activated charcoal should not cause any problems, especially if the toothpowder is spit out, however, we do advise against any risk that could occur while using this product.
- Because activated charcoal does bind with all materials (including vitamins, medications and supplements), Primal Life Organics recommends using Dirty Mouth Black Toothpowder in conjunction with our regular formula that does not contain activated charcoal. Dirty Mouth Black should not be used consecutively for more than 1 week. We recommend using Black Formula for one week per month.
New Sizing Notice: Primal Life Organics is adjusting the sizing that is stated on the Dirty Mouth Toothpowder tins and refills.
My Disclaimer: When I started this company, I put the size of the container on the label- not the weight amount of product inside. I was new to the process and was doing what made sense at the time. We currently changed the size to reflect the net weight of the product (instead of the contain size). In reality, nothing has changed except the way it is displayed on the website and packaging labels.
The conversions are now:
- 2 oz. tin = Net wt. 1 oz. (28 g)
- 4 oz. refill = Net wt. 2 oz. (56g)
- 8 oz. refill = Net wt. 4 oz. (113g)
Available in 2 and 4 oz refills packaged in a 100% biodegradable plastic bag.
- The pH of our saliva is influenced by the food we eat and the bacteria present in our mouth. An acidic pH is a major cause of tooth decay. Enamel is composed of minerals, primarily calcium, phosphate and hydroxyapatite. An acidic oral environment (pH less than 7) disrupts the enamel, weakens the tooth, and minerals such as calcium and phosphate leech out to be used in other parts of the body. This process is known as demineralization and demineralization leads to decay.
- Baking soda (aluminum free) is alkaline with a pH of 8.1 and will neutralize the acids in the mouth and promote tooth remineralization making them cavity-resistant. Baking soda acts as a very mild abrasive for cleansing and polishing the teeth, kills germs, removes odors and can help freshen the breath.
- The enamel continuously cycles between demineralization and the reverse process called remineralization. Remineralization occurs when calcium, phosphorus and other minerals and trace elements from the saliva and other sources reabsorb and strengthen the tooth. In order for remineralization to occur, the teeth must be clean (and free from any glycerin- which can coat the teeth and prevent remineralization), saliva flow must be ample and there must be a supply of calcium and important minerals and trace elements available for absorption. (Glycerin is a common ingredient in most commercial toothpastes)
- To promote remineralization and strengthen dental health, Primal Life Organics uses a blend of three primal earth clays that provide trace elements and minerals important to dental health. Our blend of earthen clay is an excellent cleansing agent for the delicate, vascular gum tissue and can help prevent plaque formation and treat mouth sores or inflammation. This unique blend of clay is rich in silica, iron, sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, copper, phosphorus and more.
Ingredients: Bentonite Clay,
Activated Charocal- Black formula), White Kaolin Clay, Baking Soda, French Green Clay, organic Essential Oil of choice.
Bentonite Clay is nontoxic and rich in vital minerals that are very beneficial for our teeth and gums – like calcium and potassium. It is a very mild abrasive clay that gently scrubs and beautifully polishes the teeth. Bentonite Clay has been used for decades as a treatment for numerous health conditions and acts as a detoxifying agent to help fight gum disease by strengthening the body's natural immunity. It works as an astringent by helping to remove tartar and clean the gums.
White Kaolin Clay is very rich in aluminum and is high in calcium, silica, zinc and magnesium. It helps to whiten and polish the teeth.
French Green Clay (also known as Illite Clay or Sea Clay) is very absorbent, and literally "drinks" oils, toxic substances, and impurities from the tissues. Mined from bedrock quarries in France, it is sun-dried, completely natural, unscented, and fragrance free. French Green Clay is a bio-mineral, and contains decomposed plant matter as well as many trace minerals, including: silica, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, sodium, potassium, copper, zinc, selenium, cobalt, manganese, phosphorous, silicon, micro-algaes, kelp, and phyto-nutrients. French Green Clay also has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which may be helpful with some periodontal conditions.
Organic Essential Oils are used for their antiseptic qualities and to freshen the mouth and make you forget that you are brushing your teeth with Primal Dirt!
Directions: Wet toothbrush and dip in powder. Brush and repeat as necessary. Because activated charcoal does bind with all materials (including vitamins, medications and supplements), Primal Life Organics recommends using Dirty Mouth Black Toothpowder in conjunction with our regular formula that does not contain activated charcoal. Dirty Mouth Black should not be used consecutively for more than 1 week. We recommend using Black Formula for one week per month.
Primal Life: Putting primal dirt where your mouth is!
A MUST read about the dangers of commercial toothpaste: http://www.cavegirlskincare.com/post/27122721358/are-there-dangers-lurking-in-your-toothpaste
FAQ: Is Aluminum in Clay Dangerous?
Answer: No. Myths about clay and the elements that make up a clay molecule are rampant. One deals with aluminum. Clay is a super stable compound. All of the elements that make up clay are bound together and act as a whole. Aluminum silicate is a crystal compound, and cannot be utilized by the body. Aluminum in this form is completely inert. As long as the aluminum is bound in this form, it poses no health risk. The aluminum in clay is never in an isolated form, and is not absorbed into the body. Processed aluminums or free aluminum are positively charged toxins and are the ones absorbed into the body that cause harm. http://aboutclay.com/info/Articles/Frequently%20asked%20questions.htm
Disclaimer: This WILL NOT taste like commercial, sweetened toothpaste. There are NO sweeteners in this Toothpowder. It may take two or three uses to adapt to the taste.
"I was equally impressed with the Toothpowder and Gum Serum. I have had gingivitis/teeth/enamel/yellowing problems since I was a kid. The vast majority of my teeth have cavities in them and I was told as a teenager that if I didn’t do something about my teeth soon I'd have dentures by the timeI was 20. Hearing that put me into panic mode, and I began to take extra care of them. I managed to avoid dentures, but until I switched to the tooth powder/gum serum I still struggled with gingivitis, bleeding, yellowing, plaque build up and sore teeth. No more! The last time I was at the dentist my dentist could not believe how good my teeth/gums looked, and even asked me if I went somewhere else to bleach them because they were looking so white. When I said no she asked me a lot of questions about the product I was using – to which I happily told her. My gums no longer bleed, my I have not had a cavity in ages and don’t think I ever will, and they are stronger and whiter than ever." ~Kimberly
More Testimonial from Kimberly here.
I have been eating Paleo over 7 weeks now and have been using Primal Life Organics skin products about 6. I wanted to share that I Love the primal pit stick, face wash and facial moisturizer but I had to share my tooth powder experience: I went to the dentist for my cleaning today and my hygienist RAVED about how healthy my gums were and how great my teeth looked. They did the "pocket test" where they use the little measuring stick to see about receding gums and nearly every one of my numbers went DOWN from my last visit 4 months ago! She was so impressed she had me tell the dentist what I was using! I would love if you could send her a sample. I am so glad I have gone Paleo with both my diet and skincare!! I hope to convert to No Poo over the summer when a daily pony is acceptable! Thank you for my great dental visit today! ~Kim A couple weeks ago, I ordered your clay toothpaste and dirty mouth serum - OMG, I LOVE the dirty mouth serum (the clay toothpaste is pretty great also)! I quit using mouthwash when I went Paleo. The serum has replaced that "need". I will brush my teeth then swish with a drop or two of serum and water in my mouth, then use my waterpik (which nicely distributes the serum around my mouth). Amazing how clean and fresh my mouth feels. Now I need to get an additional bottle to carry in my purse to replace the sketchy gluten-free gum I carry!
Please "Like" us on Facebook for updates and new product releases. This is where we will announce when the new flavors are available.
Organic Skincare. Paleo Skincare. Natural Skincare. Vegan Skincare. Gluten-free Skincare.