Looking for a chocolate fix that won't destroy your figure? This Molten Chocolate Cake is famous around my house and the kids beg me to make this!
That slightly sweet cake with a slightly gooey chocolate center goes perfect with some coconut ice cream or just plain coconut cream. Go ahead... you deserve some self-love and sometimes, chocolate is the answer!
2 sticks (grass-fed) butter
1/2 cup unflavored collagen (optional for skin-loving recipe)
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sugar substitute)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup cassava flour (substitute almond or coconut flour)
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F.
- Rub coconut oil to the insides of 6-8 ramekins. Put the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Wisk the butter and chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Separate 4 egg yolks from their whites. Tip: crack the eggs into a bowl without breaking the yolks. Take an empty, disposable plastic water bottle, squeeze it, hold the opening to a yolk and then release to suck the yok into the bottle. Repeat with the second, third and fourth into the bottle. Then, deposit all yolks into a clean bowl by squeezing the bottle n pouring them out.
- Beat the egg yolks, eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract in an electric mixer on high or with a whisk until the mixture is thick.
- Fold the butter and chocolate mixture into the egg mixture,
- Add the flour (and collagen) to the mixture gradually. Don't overmix.
- Divide the batter into the ramekins.
- Bake the cakes for 8-12 minutes or until the cakes have risen over the sides of the ramekins and the tops of the cakes no longer jiggle with the baking sheet is give a little shake. The cake centers should still be soft.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool for 1 minute
- Cover the cakes with upside-down dessert plates, flip the ramekins over and remove the ramekins from the cakes. EAT immediately. (You can also eat directly from the ramekin).
Enjoy... these are perfect for holiday treats, family get-togethers, valentines, and weekend treats. You deserve a little molten chocolate in your life! After the delicious sweet treat is devoured, don't forget to rinse your mouth with water to remove most of the sugar and acids. For best dental health, brush with an alkalizing and mineral-rich toothpaste or toothpowder. For added protection and to keep your teeth resistant to sweet treats and cavities, pop in your LED Teeth Whitener for a quick 20-minute treatment. Not only will it remove the surface stains from chocolate (and coffee/tea) but it will keep your gums healthy so you can live longer enjoying the things you love... like Molton Chocolate Lava Cake!
Did you make this recipe? Want more like this?? Comment below... we want to hear from you!