Everything in life is cyclical, like the seasons.
We know that in the long days of summer we’ll be out and active in the sunshine, soaking up the Vitamin D and avoiding sunburns. As the air cools for winter, we’ll spend more time tucked away indoors, away from sunlight and battling the burn from cold winds instead of sunny afternoons.
This time of year, most of us try to enjoy the harvest season and every last bit of warmth we can get before it’s time to prepare for a long winter of bundling up from the cold.
We change the rest of our behaviors based on the season, so why not do the same for our skin? Each season takes a toll on our skin in a different way, so it makes sense to add the unique nutrients it needs to replenish from the harsh aspects of one season and prepare for the next.
Feed your skin what it needs to be at its best this fall. Our bodies need sunshine, but the harshness of summer can do long-lasting damage to our skin. Even if you take every effort while you’re in the sun (like using our sun protection products), give your skin the jump start it needs for the cold, dry air of winter.
"Allowing your skin to "eat" with the seasons ensures your beauty will never get dull!" Trina Felber, Natural Skincare Expert, CEO Primal Life Organics
Whether you have sensitive skin or not, your skin can be affected by seasonal changes in the weather, especially with harsh winter conditions or hot summer sun.
When summer changes to fall, and winter looming in the near future, comes a change in humidity levels in the air. With the hot, humid air in the summer, your skin tends to be more oily than dry.
But when the season's change and fall/winter hits, the air turns drier and so does your skin! In the colder fall and winter months, you're more likely to experience dryness and flakiness on your skin, especially if you're prone to eczema or other dry skin conditions.
Our Fall Skincare products focus on hydrating your skin and reversing the visible signs of sun damage and aging while preparing your skin and body for the upcoming cold and dry winter season so your skin will remain soft and protected through the rain, wind, ice, and snow.
Our Seasonal Skincare products have everything your skin needs to transition from one season to the next. This Fall, treat your skin to a blend of nutrient rich foods sure to reverse damage while ultra-hydrating deep within.
Skin-loving ingredients to look for during the Fall:
Fall seasonal ingredients include skin-healing:
- Babassu Oil is a light oil with super moisturizing properties. It is used as a protective, soothing coat when applied to the skin. It is a superior emollient and is used to moisturize the skin without leaving it oily and to also help either dry or oily complexion.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil is rich in vitamin E, zinc, omega 3- and 6- fatty acids as well as antioxidants. It is used to smooth fine lines and prevent moisture loss in the skin.
- Baobab Oil is very rich in vitamins A, D, E, F, oleic acid, linoleic acid, and Omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. It absorbs quickly and is used to promote healing. Baobab oil is known to be highly moisturizing, emollient, and soothing.
- Tamanu Oil is rich in fatty acids, which is used to keep the skin moisturized. It also contains antioxidants, which are used to fight against damage from free radicals. The oil's ability to promote collagen and GAG production also plays in its use for anti-aging and skin regeneration.
- Emu Oil contains a complete balance of essential fatty acids (Omega 3, Omega 6, and Omega 9), which are used for the regeneration of healthy new skin cells. Natural lipids found in emu oil are used for replenishing skin from the inside out.
- Black cumin oil is known for its moisture-retaining qualities and antioxidant properties. Black cumin seed oil is used for its moisture-retaining qualities and antioxidant properties. It is known to support skin elasticity and fights free radical damage that leads to wrinkles and fine lines. It is also known to reduce redness and soothe irritation.
- Geranium Oil is known to have a mild, regulating effect on the skin. It is used to increase blood circulation and skin elasticity, heal, hydrate, and calm the skin.
- Red Thyme Oil is high in antioxidants and is known to have superior skin-healing properties. It is used to calm, soothe, and improve the skin.
- Frankincense Oil contains antioxidants. It is used to calm, brighten, and strengthen skin, improve skin elasticity, and improve skin tone.
- Cypress Oil is composed of monoterpenes. It is used to heal, balance, and calm congested skin. It is known to promote toning to help firm and strengthen loose sagging skin.
- Myrrh Oil is packed with nourishing organic compounds. It is used to help fade scars, hydrate, soothe and smooth fine lines in the skin.
- Chamomile Oil is known to have antioxidant properties. It is used to help soothe the skin, reduce redness and blemishes and help boost skin health.
- Helichrysum Oil known to help promote the healing of damaged tissues. It is used to help smooth fine lines and soothe irritated skin.
Primal Life Organics seasonal specialties include Fallen Primal Face Serum and Body Butter.
Our Fallen line is only available from September to November, and mixes nutrient-rich and organic Argan oil, pumpkin seed oil, rosemary oil and black cumin oil with cinnamon EO. Argan oil is known for its moisturizing and healing properties, while rosemary oil has antimicrobial antiseptic properties that can help with skin issues like acne, dermatitis and eczema and leave skin feeling toned, protected and not oily.
Kiss the summer damage good-bye before you see it on your skin with our Fall Skincare Essentials.