I don't have time for average skin... I want GLOWING skin every day!
It matters what you put ON your skin, but what you eat makes a huge difference too!
My Skin DETOX Green Smoothie not only tastes great... it is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients that will help nourish your skin from the inside! For the outside, I recommend keeping your skin glowing with water-free skincare products designed to pass through your skin barrier and protect, nourish and hydrate for younger-looking skin.
I’ve been drinking this glowing skin smoothie almost every day for the past month and have noticed a huge difference in not only my energy, but my skin has never looked better. And the best part? This detox green smoothie actually tastes good. Like, really really good. It’s now one of my favorites... even my 11-year-old daughter will drink it!
I firmly believe that the quickest way to glowing skin is not only for water-free skincare but from your food.
What I love about this recipe...
√ The avocado. Don’t leave it out! Avocados hydrate the skin, bringing back that glow we all love.
√ The mangos. Think GLOW! Mangos contain carotenoids, which help our skin glow. Dermatologists know that carotenoids help give a rosy glow to dull-looking skin.
√ Spinach OR kale may be used. DETOX... Both nutrient-dense superfoods remove toxins from our bodies. I eat both every day, either in an omelet, salad, wrap, homemade juice, etc.
√ Coconut water. Drink your water, avoid skincare products that contain water!! Coconut water is incredibly hydrating and makes skin look more youthful and supple.
√ MCT Oil. It contains healthy fatty acids and is naturally rich in antioxidants and antibacterial properties and improves your immune and gut health. A healthy gut and immune system improve your skin! It's also an instant source of energy to fuel your brain!
√ Collagen Peptides. As we age, our skin produces less collagen. This serum and this beauty tool will help boost your collagen from the outside... but consuming collagen will help give your skin that healthy glow from the inside! When it comes to beautiful skin, both the inside and outside matters!
Bamboo straws... not AVERAGE straws, these bamboo, reusable, travel and kid-friendly are perfect for smoothie sipping! Grab yours here!
This glowing skin smoothie is not only energy-boosting and delicious, it has dramatically improved my skin tone. One of my favorite smoothie recipes, by far. I drink it 4-5 times per week.
- 1/2 cup plain coconut water
- 1-2 ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 1 cup chopped mango (frozen or fresh)
- 2 cups spinach or kale
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon
- optional: 1 Tablespoon MCT oil
- Optional: 1 scoop unflavored collagen peptides
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender like a Vitamix or Ninja
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more coconut water if it’s too thick.
- Coconut Water: Coconut water is ideal since it is so hydrating for our bodies and skin. If you absolutely cannot find it (it’s sold in all grocery stores, Target, Walmart, etc) – use regular water or almond milk or your favorite juice. If not using coconut water, perhaps add a touch of coconut oil. Great for the skin.
- Berries: Try adding 1/2 cup blueberries. Another superfood is great for your skin!
- Substitutions: If you do not like any of the fruits listed, simply replace it with another fruit used. Or add strawberries or blueberries.
❤️Trina, Natural Health and Beauty Nurse
Did you make this recipe? Want more like this?? Comment below... we want to hear from you!