Aging-gracefully and enjoying every moment with this incredible tasting Pumpkin Spice Smoothie! Perfect for the fall... and nourishing your skin from the inside!
This smoothie tastes like you wrapped fall and Thanksgiving up in the palm of your hands and dropped it all into a blender. Or, better yet, as if you blended up a fat slice of grandma’s pumpkin pie. These taste great sipping them through our NEW and reusable Bamboo Straws!!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup Almond milk (or another milk substitute)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) pure maple syrup or 6-8 dates
- 2/3 cup (150g) pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
- 1 scoop unflavored collagen peptides
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender like a Vitamix or Ninja
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 3 minutes or until smooth – this may take longer if your blender isn’t very strong. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add more milk to thin out if it is too thick. Add a couple more ice cubes for a thicker texture, if desired. Add more spices to taste, if desired.
Skin-licious!! Drinking this smoothie is not just great for your body, it has skin benefits as well! Banana, pumpkin, and collagen will revitalize and internally hydrate your skin as the weather changes and the drier air begins to attack your skin!
Banana: Contains powerful anti-oxidants, phytochemicals, and helps retain moisture in the skin. This fruit will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough and aging skin.
Pumpkin: Contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging
Cinnamon: Improves fine lines by increasing blood flow and plumping the skin.
Collagen is a major component of your skin's internal support structure that declines as we age. It plays a role in strengthening skin, plus may benefit elasticity and hydration.
- Yogurt: Feel free to use Greek or regular yogurt, vanilla or plain instead of milk if your diet allows.
- Spices: Instead of pumpkin pie spice, try adding nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or more cinnamon to taste.
- Substitute Just Day syrup in place of dates or maple syrup. One tablespoon should be enough, but adjust to taste.
Even my kids enjoy the taste of this smoothie. Only a hint of sweet... you will Fall in LOVE with Skin-Smoothies! This pairs well with my seasonal face serum made for Fall... Fallen Face Serum!
Fallen Face Serum nourishes your skin, reversing the damage those summer days in the sun and water reaped and it does it all with a scent designed just for Fall… Our Fallen Face Serum is a unique blend of rich organic oils to bring your skin back to life, reverse the signs of aging and plump and energize your skin.
The organic black cumin oil in Primal Life Organics’ Fallen Face Serum helps strengthen and heal your skin while the organic rosemary oil soothes and calms that summer dryness. And, the protein-rich organic argan oil in our Fallen Face Serum hydrates your skin to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
But just like Fall itself, Primal Life Organics’ Fallen Face Serum and the warm comfort of pumpkin and cinnamon it brings will be gone before you know it.
Grab yours today and enjoy with your Pumpkin Skin-Smoothie and treat your skin from within, and out!
❤️Trina, Natural Health and Beauty Nurse
Did you make this recipe? Want more like this?? Comment below... we want to hear from you!